Strategic Consulting & Advisory.
We provide strategic Consulting & Advisory services to private companies, public companies, and financial sponsors in the Construction & Industrial industries. Leveraging our unique policy expertise, deep industry relationships and proprietary research process, we build tailored solutions for our clients. From transaction due diligence to product or geographic expansion assessment to state or local policy and funding analysis, we work closely with our clients to help make actionable and practical decisions.
We have completed Consulting & Advisory projects and survey work across the globe, from Asia to North America to Europe and completed the following services:
Market Assessment & Expansion
• Estimate market size, analyze segmentation and competitive threats
• Evaluate value-chain including significant funding sources and growth drivers
• Interview existing customers and suppliers to determine competitive position
• S1: Development & writing
• Road show preparation: due diligence, presentation preparation and delivery coaching
• Investor selection & marketing: institutional investors, hedge funds, family offices
State DOT Analysis
• Assessment of political climate and state legislation affecting state construction
• Estimation and forecast of state, county and district level lettings
• Historical material quantity estimation and out-year forecast
Transaction Due Diligence
• Lead or assist in targeting
• Analyze opportunity through market modeling, market assessment and expansion
• Examples include: Asset targeting, asset sale, equity placement and project evaluation
Policy & Regulatory
• Identify opportunities and threats in the regulatory environment
• Conduct forward-looking research utilizing proprietary government contacts
• Sector examples: Highway construction, energy and environmental
Product Adoption & Utilization
• Forecast market penetration for relevant products and services
• Identify current product adoption levels and predict market potential
• Analyze order qualifying and order winning criteria
Geographic Expansion - Aggregates
TRG concluded an in-depth geographic expansion study for a middle-market private equity firm interested in acquiring aggregate assets over a multi-state area. The TRG team directed our efforts to analyze the geographic markets including interviews with the Department of Transportations (DOTs), municipal representatives, Chambers of Commerce and other industry sources. Client deliverable included prospects for economic development, analysis of demographics, and the public funding environment.
Market Review - Construction
For a repeat corporate client, TRG construction an exhaustive analysis of the public, non-residential and residential markets in a number of key client regions. Given the highly regionalized recovery underway at the time, TRG focused on identifying key economic drivers in each market place. TRG accomplished this through in-depth research, interviews with key state and local officials as well as in-person site visits. Key takeaways for the client included an analysis of the addressable market, opportunities and threats, the competitive landscape and relevant legislation action.
Transaction Due Diligence - Building Materials
Engaged by a major western building products company considering a bolt-on acquisition, TRG analyzed the target company's local economy for both private and public spending to forecast out-year growth. Primary growth drivers for the economy were examined as well as local and state legislative actions and feedback from numerous local and state business and legislative leaders.
Product Expansion - Building Products
TRG has worked with multiple clients on product expansions within discrete industries. TRG focused on assessing market size, analyzing competitive dynamics, price/cost dynamics, driver for key “value chain” decision makers, relevant external factors impacting adoption, among other focus topics. TRG tapped our firm’s unique network of construction industry relationships across North America to complete these projects.
For further information, please contact Rick Johnson via email or 615-891-6211.